Why would you want to do anything else with vodka but drink it? It is widely available, effective and less toxic than other chemicals available for the tasks below.
1. Freshen Laundry – Vodka can help to mask the smell of sweat by killing the odour – causing bacteria. Give your garment a spritz and hang up somewhere well ventilated! (always do a test spot first)
2. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
3. Keep flowers for longer – Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to the water in the vase. It should keep them fresher for longer but requires changing daily.
4. Heavy Night? Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub and then blot dry.
5. Shampoo – Add a jigger of vodka to a bottle of shampoo. The alcohol will cleanse the scalp and remove toxins from the hair.
6.Dandruff treatment – mix one cup vodka with two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry.
7. Mold – Get rid of it by filling an old spray bottle with some cheap vodka, spray it on and leave for 15 minutes then scrub away.